|The Planet - The Moon (veiling a planet)
in The Secret Doctrine
- "The moon is now the cold residual quantity, the shadow dragged after the new body,
into which her living powers are transfused. She now is doomed for long ages to be ever
pursuing the Earth, to be attracted by and to attract her progeny. Constantly vampirized
by her child, she revenges herself on it, by soaking it through and through with the
nefarious, invisible and poisonous influence which emanates from the occult side of her
nature. For she is a dead, yet a living body. The particles of her decaying
corpse are full of active and destructive life, although the body which they had formed,
is soulless and lifeless." (Vol. I, 180) 
- "The Earth is a satellite of the Moon." (Vol. I, 212) (i.e., as the soul is
today the satellite of form.)
- "The Moon is the symbol of evil." (Vol. I, 246)
- "The moon is not a sacred planet." (Vol. II, 36)
- "The moon is the king of the planets." (Vol. II, 401, Note)
- "The moon is the sovereign of the vegetable world." (Vol. II, 520)
- "The moon is an inferior body." (Vol. II, 48)
- "The moon is the mind and the sun is the understanding." (Vol. II, 675, Note)
- "The moon is a dead planet from which all the principles are gone. It is a
substitute for a planet which seems to have disappeared from view."
(Vol. III, 459)
References in A Treatise on Cosmic Fire
- "The moon is dead and cannot support life because humanity and the building devas
have been removed from its sphere of influence." (C.F. 93)
- "The moon is in process of disappearance and only a decaying body is left. The life
of the second Logos and the first Logos have been withdrawn and only the latent life of
matter itself remains." (C.F. 415)
- "The moon was:
- The place of systemic failure.
- Connected with the lower principles.
- The source of the sexual misery experienced on our planet.
- Arrested in its evolution by the timely interference of the solar Logos.
- The origin of the feud between the forces of light and of darkness...can be traced back
to the moon." (C.F. 985, Note)